Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spontaneity

Sometimes, being completely spontaneous is good.

Last Friday, I was in the Wilkinson Center as Y Serve was putting on a Charity Date Auction, where students were able to bid service hours for a date. One guy went for 55 hours! But that's not the point of this post. One lady there bid pretty high, up to 40 hours, I think, without getting a date. So, after all was done, I decided to just walk up to her and ask her out. So, after she agreed to go with me, I asked her name.

Tonight was that date. We had a good two-hour-or-so conversation, and the whole thing was quite enjoyable. We went to see a concert. It was... modern. Which means interesting, but nothing I'd ever listen to on my own. Some parts were rather cool, but the composer seemed to try too hard to stay strange. Oh well, the date was good.

It did somewhat remind me of another somewhat spontaneous act of deciding to stay up until 4 am to see a moon rise... but I'm not going into that story, just to spite you, Jon Kunkee!

1 comment: