Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I understand what cleaning checks are for. This is ridiculous.

So, i figured I've had my blog for a week now, so it was time to make it legit and include an angsty rant!

<rant> So, cleaning checks. A part of college life, I suppose. To ensure that we keep up with our cleaning so buildings don't decompose due to buildup of microbes under dirty, ignored areas. I don't have a problem with that. Fail me if I didn't clean the back corner of the counter, where no one ever looks and is therefore likely to fester into something nasty. That's fine. And make me pay for the cleaners that come because you need to keep the building livable, for my good as much as for your own. But if you have the audacity to say that I need to pay thirty dollars because I was in a hurry in the morning and didn't make my bed, and then not have anyone come in to make it, that's over the line. That's entirely unacceptable. That's where the power of being the cleaning check lady is just too much for you. It's as if she didn't even try to hide the blatant idiocy of her actions, as if she wanted me to gape in awe of her ability to be that ballsy. Allow me to clarify the circumstances: I stay up way too late getting my cleaning check done and am tired silly in the morning. Attempting to get a letter off before the mail leaves that day, I rush and forget to make the bed. I don't pass. That night, I stay up way too late again doing the homework I had to put off due to the cleaning check. The next morning, I wake up late and rush out the door again. Cleaning check lady comes by, and charges twenty-five dollars for "professionals" to come correct my job, i.e., make my bed. They don't come, I've gotten 8 hours of sleep in two days, and thirty dollars charged for exactly what I spent all those hours not sleeping trying to avoid. That's just sick and wrong. Side note: if you ask my roommate, he'll tell you that I usually make my bed, and that it is my made bed which often inspires him to make his.</rant>

In the end, it'll probably be alright. I'll explain the situation to management, and they'll probably remove the charge completely. I just wish they'd save us both some time by changing the cleaning check system a little.

On a separate thread, squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment