Sunday, January 16, 2011

No, I will not give up.

So, I knew I shouldn't start a blog. I knew I'd get trapped by it and never allow myself to skip when I needed to. And now, it's almost two, and I'm stuck here, writing this. I blame the coin. Why must I be OCD about doing nothing part way. Ugh... getting up at 7 will be hard. Very hard.

But, I did want to blog today anyway, because it (today) was awesome. I got invited to a group date having dinner and playing games with Leigh Averett, a friend of a friend here at BYU. It was just about the best time ever. We had stir fry, and I got to use chopsticks, and there was pumpkin pie, and then we played bang, which I had never played before, but if you haven't, I recommend finding the time and place to play it, because it's awesome. Thank you, Leigh.

I want to include something spiritual each Sunday because of the day, so this week I'll start with my favorite scripture/ life mantra. It's found in the New Testament, the Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Philippians, fourth chapter, thirteenth verse:
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I like it because it's so simply true, and quite the essence of the gospel, in my opinion. Christ gave His life for all of us, infinitely, and individually, and so offers us His divine power to do anything we must face. Never forget His power, and that He loves you.

Aside from that, I don't think my post has been random enough, but I don't really have anything else to say... Maybe I'll just go to bed and be ready to serve tomorrow. Ok, peace out, y'all biscuit-heads! (5 points for the reference)

2 comments:

  1. I love Bang! Did you notice that it's all in Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty hard to miss. And I liked it.

    ReplyDelete