Saturday, January 22, 2011

The nerd in me

So, I've been realizing I do spend a considerable amount of time on here, writing these blog entries. Thinking about it, I think it's the nerd in me excited to have a new park to play in.

This semester, I'm taking CS 252, intro to computing theory, ECEn 370, probability theory, MATH 334, differential equations, MUSIC 101, mission prep, and men's chorus. From this schedule, it's obvious that the majority of my time is spent working with abstract mathematics and numbers. Men's Chorus gives me a music fix, as does Music 101. But none of my classes have me write much of anything, ever. Being the well rounded nerd I am, I want to have the opportunity to nerd in any area. Now, I recognize my list is not even partially comprehensive. I simply note that writing and other English-related activities are farthest from what my nerd (who, by the way, is named Albert, a name I picked up from my step-brother, Evan) is currently involved in. Now, I also recognize that this isn't much for any sort of rigor in the above-mentioned category. But it still gives me a bit of work with words, which truly has been missing of late. So, thank you Aubrie for convincing me to flip a coin, because now my nerd is running around saying, "Cool!" and, "Ooh, shiny!"

No comments:

Post a Comment