Thursday, February 17, 2011

Won't Get Fooled Again

Leastwise, I hope not.

So, the story is this: I went to the Wilk yesterday to check out the honor week events for the day. There wasn't really anything going on, but I noticed a sign there saying Jimmer Fredette would be signing autographs in the Wilk Terrace today from 11 - 12. So, naturally, I got there at 8:30 this morning.

At about quarter to eleven a line started to form, so I went to the front of the line to ask if my being there at 8:30 qualified me for the front. They seemed to think so, and they let me take the #1 spot. So, there I am, wearing my Jimmer cape, holding a BYU Basketball t-shirt, with my blue Sharpie, ready to show Jimmer my deep respect for him, and then... nothing. Just waiting. for the next twenty minutes we debated amongst ourselves whether or not this was actually happening. One official looking person finally showed up, saying he was part of BYU Dining Services publicity. So, he called BYU Athletics and found out it all was a hoax. Thus ended today's Jimmermania.

For most.

I, however, was wearing a Jimmer cape. I was interviewed by BYU Broadcasting about why I came and, "Are we going to win the game this Saturday," to which I definitely replied, "Of course." I was given a free drink by the man in charge of BYU Dining Service's publicity, and I posed for several pictures. Also, James said his knowing me boosted his reputation with one of his professors, so he thanks me for saying hi. My hopes are that I can get enough coverage to someday get Jimmer to sign my cape. If that day ever comes, it has all been worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Someone mentioned a guy with a cape and I instantly became proud to call you a friend.

    I am really sorry that you didn't get your shirt signed though.

    ReplyDelete