Sunday, December 25, 2011

This is my Christmas Post

I realized that your life would not be complete if I didn't post a Christmas post for you. So, here goes what comes off the top of my head. As usual, it's likely to be rather rambling.

Well, I first want to say that my family is great. One cool thing that happened recently is that my family came down to pick me up from Provo. While there, my parents spoke in my brother's sacrament meeting. I thought their talks were some of the best I've ever heard. It reminded me that my parents are great. My mom is so smart and is always seeking for the truth, and my dad has a poise and attitude about him that just shows he knows the gospel is true and he will do all he can to come closer to God and bring others with him. Also in my family are my siblings, who may not have been mentioned here before. My sister Alyssa is in high school still and she's such a fun person to be around, always willing to serve and always just bouncy enough to get you excited. My brother Evan is serving as a marine in Afghanistan and he was able to call today. The call reminded me of his great story telling ability and the ability to enjoy himself even amid the harshest of conditions. My sister Chae has been able to stop by many times so far this break, which has been fun. Her sense of humor and kind words are always welcome. And my brother Chris I've always looked up to, even if I'm taller than him now.

Another amazing thing that happened recently is I was able to go through the temple to receive my own endowments just a couple days ago. This experience has caused me to look back again to see what I've been through to get there, and I'm grateful again for those who have helped me. I've also realized how much being at BYU really has prepared me for a life in gospel service and living. The professors really know how it is to be a dedicated member and how to life life according to the gospel plan. This has encouraged me to do likewise, and their advise will help make it possible. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had and will have to attend that wonderful university.

Lastly, I want to take a moment to talk about our Savior. He truly is amazing. Guys, the Atonement is real and complete. I encourage you all to learn as much about it as you can, by study and prayer, letting the spirit tell you what He wants you to know. The true power of the Atonement to change our lives completely is staggering, and we will never stop receiving blessings. I love my Father in Heaven and what he has done for me, and I look forward to dedicating two years of service to him.

I hope you've all had a most wonderful, happy Christmas, and I look forward to when we'll meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment