Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hard to say goodbye

There are many posts I've been wanting to write. One of them was a true thanksgiving post, as the one I had was... well, lacking. So, while much of this post will express gratitude, I'm writing now not as a Thanksgiving post, but as a goodbye post.

Provo, you are definitely the high point in my life so far. It is here that I became a new creature in Christ. It is here that I started college. It is here that I met the wonderful people who I have come to count as my guardian angels and guiding stars. It is here that I became a missionary.

This post is to thank all of you who have helped me in the past two and a half years, whether or not you remember or even knew you did. Thank you for the inspiring words at the right times, both in and out of church meetings. Thank you for the listening ears, sometimes as late as four in the morning. Thank you for the chance to enjoy being a Mormon nerd. Thank you for the high standards, especially in dating. Thank you for helping me see more clearly the worth of every single son and daughter of God.

It's hard to say all I'd like to, and I know it would just become boring and repetitive. So, I'm going to close with this. Thank you, so much, for the pure, Christ-like love that you have. Never have I felt as accepted and as loved as I have here. You've put up with all my crazy antics, and loved me just the same. For this, I cannot express even a hundredth part of the thanks I have.

I wish you all the greatest couple years, and I look forward to the time we can see each other again. Until then, parakeet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being who you are, Nick, and for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete