Friday, January 27, 2012

Interesting enough to be my 50th blog post

So, as I was already so close to the time I was to leave on my mission, I was figure my last post would be my fiftieth and we'd have a nice celebration about it all. But, things have changed, and the change is cool enough (at least to me) to qualify for my fiftieth post.

Last Tuesday (I know, old news. But I haven't been online as much as I used to), I had a nice chat with my stake president, President Score. During our conversation, he mentioned that he had received a call from Salt Lake that morning about me. Specifically, Salt Lake was curious if I was interesting in helping them by joining the pilot group for  anew MTC program geared to get missionaries through the MTC quicker. So, after some conversation about what that would entail, I accepted.

The short of it is, I will be entering the MTC three weeks later than originally planned and leaving it at the same time originally planned. Meaning I will be there for six weeks instead of nine. It sounds like a great experience and a cool opportunity. Plus, I won't be stuck there for fourteen weeks like my brother. Yeah!

Also, this does mean I'm here for three weeks more than planned. So, I guess I'll have to disappoint all who were hoping to get rid of me. But just a bit more, and on the twenty-ninth, you (and I) will get your wish.

Oh, by the way, happy fiftieth to me.

4 comments:

  1. Nick, that's way cool! A pilot program for the MTC? Sounds really interesting, and that's awesome that you get to be a part of it. I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm super proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's neat to be able to participate in pilot programs as a missionary. Our mission piloted some things, like the I am a Mormon campaign and it's really cool to see the blessings it brings. Can't wait to hear how it works! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you get to leave on February 29th! How many people get to do that? :D

    Have fun learning Portuguese in six weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, when is the next time February 29th will be a Wednesday? I think it's like 2040. That's a good portion of a generation. You'll have grandkids by then. Props for that my friend.

      Delete